I’ve been building PCs since high school, even though back then they were made up of whatever I could find in bargain bins or second-hand. Computers are the tools I use to earn a living, support my family and pay for my hobbies, two of which also involve computers. This page lists what my current setups are.
Current daily driver, custom-built as a new workstation in Dec 2020
- AMD Ryzen 5 3600 CPU
- Asus TUF GAMING B550M-PLUS (WIFI) Motherboard
- 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE LPX DDR 4 RAM
- Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 Ti OC 6GB Graphics Card
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB NVMe SSD
- 2 x WD Blue 1TB 3.5″ SATA Storage Drives
- Cooler Master MWE GOLD 650W ATX PSU
- Cooler Master Masterbox K500L ATX case
Ex office workstation, this was a 2018 “workstation” upgrade for my previous PC, which I’d custom-built in 2010.
- AMD Ryzen 5 2600x CPU
- MSI x470 Gaming Plus Motherboard
- 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 RAM
- Zotac Geforce GTX 1060 3GB Graphics Card
- 128 GB m.2 SSD – Ubuntu
- 128 GB Transcend 2.5″ SSD – Windows
- WD Blue 1TB 3.5″ SATA Storage Drive
- Samsung 1TB 3.5″ SATA Storage Drive
This is mostly used for working with macOS-specific content, working remotely, meetings, conferences, or if I travel (which I have no idea when I’ll be doing again).
- Apple M1 chip with 8-core CPU & 7 core CPU
- 8GB unified memory
- 256GB SSD